This ice climbing course is a great learning opportunity for those who have never climbed on ice before or for climbers who want to improve their skills on ice. The practical course will take place, depending on weather conditions, either in the Apuseni Mountains or if the the temperatures don’t allow icefalls to form, there is also the possibility to take this course at higher altitude (Fagaras Mountains) where ice climbing is possible all winter round. We recommend you to join us accompanied by your climbing partner especially if you want to ice climb together in the future. This way, you will both make sure you have the same level of technical and theoretical knowledge. Read below a few ideas about the topics we will go through, the required personal equipment (it is ok if you do not have everything that is on the list) and the general conditions for participating at the ice climbing course.
Dates: February 24-25, 2018
Area: Bâlea Lake
Available places: 4
Minimum age: 18
Guides/Instructors: Mihnea Prundeanu, aspirant IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide & AGMR mountain guide
Price: 450 lei/ person
The ice climbing course topics include:
- learning the basics of ice climbing/ or better your technique
- the proper use of ice axes and ice crampons
- learning and improving body positions and efficient movement on ice
- safety procedures, the use of ice screws in different systems of anchoring
- theory, ice and meteorological conditions proper for ice climbing, etc.
- training hours in the company of a certified guide
- the collective equipment (ropes, half ropes, various belay devices, carabiners, ice screws).
- e-course (pdf).
- accommodation at the hut
- personal transportation cost of participants
- personal medical insurance
- personal required equipment
- Waterproof jacket, down jacket, winter, two pairs of gloves (preferably waterproof), waterproof pants, synthetic or wool first and second layers, sleeping bag
- Winter technical boots, snow legging gaiters
- Backpack, ice crampons*, ice axe/ technical ice axes*, harness*, helmet*, thermos for tea
- Headlamp, sun glasses, sun cream, first aid kit
- *Available on demand in the limit of Alpine Tours available stock.
Booking a place at the ice climbing course can be done by paying in advance 50% of the full participation fee. Cancelling the reservation can be done with a maximum of 14 days before the date of the clinics, for the advance to be reimbursed.
If you need more information or wish to sign up, please contact us at email@example.com, call us at +40 746 327 791 or fill in the form below.