We invite you to a complete ice climbing clinics, where we will progressively go through all the aspects of ice climbing, from safety to lead climbing. We will learn rope handling techniques, belays, planning and safe leading on ice in an efficient and safe way, as well as evaluating the quality of a cascade.
The ice climbing clinics will take place two consecutive weekends, January 26 to 27, 2019 in Romania and February 1 to 3, 2019 in Bulgaria, 5 days being necessary so you can practice enough the techniques taught by your guides. The ice climbing clinics is structured in 2 modules, beginner and advanced level.
Dates: January 26-27, 2019 and February 1-3, 2019
Area: Romania (beginner module), Bulgaria (advanced module)
Available places: 6
Minimum age: 18
Guides/Instructors: Mihnea Prundeanu, IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide, Viktor Varoshkin IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide
Price: 350 euro/ person
MODULE 1, CARPATHIAN MOUNTAINS, JANUARY 26 – 27, 2019
The first stage of the ice climbing course will take place in the Carpathian Mountains (Piscul Negru, Negoiu, Bâlea Lake or Bicazului Gorges, depending on meteorological conditions) and will focus on basic climbing and safety techniques. Participants will be able to practice and better their moving on steep ice and to become confident in their own abilities. Accommodation will be reserved at mountain huts or boarding houses around the ice climbing area.
MODULE 2, RILA MOUNTAINS, SKAKAVICA FEBRUARY 1-3, 2019
The second ice climbing module will take place in Skakavica valley, placed in the North West of Rila Mountains, where you will advance our skills. Here we will find a larger variety of cascades of different difficulties. We will practice ice lead climbing, belay placements and techniques specific to multipitch climbing. Together with Viktor Varoshkin UIAGM mountain guide, a good connaisseur of the area, we will be able to split in 2 groups and to also climb multipitch ice. Accommodation will be at Skakavica hut.
The ice climbing course topics include:
- learning the basics of ice climbing,
- the proper use of ice axes and ice crampons
- learning and improving body positions and efficient movement on ice
- safety procedures, the use of ice screws in different systems of anchoring
- theory, ice and meteorological conditions proper for ice climbing, etc.
- training hours in the company of a certified guide
- the collective equipment (ropes, half ropes, various belay devices, carabiners, ice screws).
- e-course (pdf).
- accommodation at the hut
- personal transportation cost of participants
- personal medical insurance
- personal required equipment
- Waterproof jacket, down jacket, winter, two pairs of gloves (preferably waterproof), waterproof pants, synthetic or wool first and second layers, sleeping bag
- Winter technical boots, snow legging gaiters
- Backpack, ice crampons*, ice axe/ technical ice axes*, harness*, helmet*, thermos for tea
- Headlamp, sun glasses, sun cream, first aid kit
- *Available on demand in the limit of Alpine Tours available stock.
350 EURO / person / course (module 1 and module 2)
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS:
50% advance to reserve a place
50% until January 18, 2019, the latest.
Cancelling the reservation can be done until January 18, 2019 in order for the advance to be returned.
If you need more information or wish to sign up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at +40 730 091 232, +40 746 327 791 or fill in the form below.