Do you want to add some spice to ski touring, to taste the more abrupt slopes of Fagarasilor Mountains, to cross narrow ridges, to discover hidden couloirs, perfect for memorable descents? If you are a good skier and love the off piste, we invite you to make a step further towards ski mountaineering, a clinics where you can learn the basic notions you need. All in an organized fashion.
Dates: 4-5-6 ianuarie 2019
Area: Balea Lake, Fagarașului Mountains
Available places: 6-8
Minimum age: 18 years old
Price: 550 lei/ person
Mountain Guides/Instructors: Mihnea Prundeanu UIAGM/IFMGA mountain guide, Akos Kozma, AGMR mountain guide
The ski touring clinics includes information about:
- preparing a ski tour or a specific ski mountaineering route
- techniques for moving on skis, slope tackling, transition movements, ascent and descent
- techniques and transitions from skis to ice axes and ice crampons
- snow analysis, evaluation and risk management
- equipment, basics as well as its proper use
- Training with certified mountain guides
- Accommodation at one of the huts at Bâlea Lake (depending on availability)
- Participants’ individual transport cost
- Medical insurance
- Required personal equipment
- Waterproof jacket, down jacket, hat, two pairs of gloves (preferably waterproof), waterproof pants, synthetic or wool base layers.
- Ski touring boots, skis and bindings for ski touring, ski touring skins, telescopic poles
- Avalanche beacon*, shovel*, probe*
- Backpack, crampons*, ice axe*, harness*, helmet*
- Thermos/tea bottle, head lamp, sun glasses, sun screen, first aid kit, etc
*Available at request in the limit of Alpine Tours stock.
Booking a place at the ski mountaineering clinics at Balea Lake can be done by paying in advance 50% of the full participation fee. Cancelling the reservation can be done with a maximum of 14 days before the date of the clinics, for the advance to be reimbursed.
If you need more information or wish to sign up, please contact us at email@example.com, call us at +40 730 091 232, +40 746 327 791 or fill in the form below.