Type: ice climbing
Location: Bad Gastein (Austria), Rachitele, Fagaras Mountains, Retezat
When: 1st of December – 15th of March
Duration: 1 day or 1 weekend with 6 hours of activity per day
Available for: 10-30 people
On frozen waterfalls or walls sprinkled with ice, climbing becomes a novel activity, interesting and apparently extreme. However, ice climbing offers many satisfactions. Try to overcome your limits on spectacular waterfalls in the Carpathians or in some of the most known ice climbing areas in Europe: Eis Arena in Bad Gastein, Austria.
If you have any questions about ice climbing in Romania or ice climbing in Europe, call us +40 746 32 77 91 ,+40 730 091 232, write at info @ alpine-tours.com or fill in the form below.
- ice climbing on frozen waterfalls or rock climbing in mixed conditions (rock-snow-ice)
- mountaineering techniques, intense sports activities
- team activities
- Services of guides/instructors
- Guides’/instructors’ expenses (transportation, accommodation, meals)
- Shared equipment(ropes, carabiners, belay tools, ice screws, technical axes, etc)
- Transportation, accommodation and meals for participants
- Medical insurance
- Personal required equipment (helmet, ski/trekking poles, ice crampons, ice axes, headlamp, etc)
*Extra : we can offer many of the above at an additional cost.
- Waterproof jacket, down jacket, winter, two pairs of gloves (preferably waterproof), waterproof pants, synthetic or wool first and second layers, sleeping bag
- Winter technical boots, snow legging gaiters
- Backpack, ice crampons*, ice axe/ technical ice axes*, harness*, helmet*, thermos for tea
- Headlamp, sun glasses, sun cream, first aid kit
*Available on demand in the limit of the available stock