Type: Classic alpinism
Location: Fagarasului , Piatra Craiului, Bucegi or Retezat Mountains
When: 1st of December – 30th of March
Difficulty: medium to hard
Duration: one weekend/ 6-8 hours of activity per day
Available for: maximum 6 people
Taste some winter mountaineering in the Carpathians, climb classic routes, famous ridges or summit the most spectacular Romanian peaks. Fagarasului Mountains, Piatra Craiului Mountains, Bucegi Mountains or Retezat Mountains are impressive mountains in wintertime, showing characteristics similar to the Alps. These Romanian mountains are perfect adventure terrains for mountaineers, where one can live unforgettable moments and experiences.
The objectives and the climbs can be adapted to the level and the experience of the participants.
- Climbing a winter route, summiting a peak or the traverse of a ridge
- Mountaineering techniques, sports based activities in remote areas, during wintertime
- Team activities or organised group activities
- Services of certified guides
- Transportation, accommodation and meals for guides
- Shared equipment (ropes, carabineers, belaying gear and protections, etc.)
- Accommodation, transportation and meals for participants
- Medical insurance
- Personal equipment (helmet, ski/ trekking poles, ice crampons, ice axes, headlamp, etc)
- Waterproof jacket, down jacket, winter, two pairs of gloves (preferably waterproof), waterproof pants, synthetic or wool first and second layers, sleeping bag
- Winter technical boots, snow legging gaiters
- Backpack, ice crampons*, ice axe/ technical ice axes*, harness*, helmet*, thermos for tea
- Headlamp, sun glasses, sun cream, first aid kit
*Available on demand in the limit of the available stock.