Do you like spending time in the mountains and feel the need to improve your mountaineering skills for winter activities or an alpine environment? Then sign up for this seasons’ mountaineering clinics. The clinics is developed on two levels, beginner and advanced. It is destined to both those wishing to learn winter mountaineering specific techniques, as well as to those who already know the basics but feel the need get a deeper understanding of these techniques and to evolve to an advanced level.
Through this course we aim to provide you with enough information so that you can continue to move and climb routes safely, in winter conditions.
Location: Bucegi / Făgărașului Mountains
Date: February 23-24, 2019
Available places: 4-8
Minimum age: 18
Cost: 600 lei / person
Guides/Instructors: Mihnea Prundeanu, certifications: IFMGA/UIAGM, AGMR; Akos Kozma, certification: AGMR (Association of Romanian Mountain Guides)
Winter Mountaineering Clinics Topics:
- preparing a route or a winter mountaineering climb in winter conditions
- crampons and ice axe techniques
- belaying systems and anchors specific for winter climbing
- risk comprehension and risk management
- ice and mixed climbing
- equiomwnt basics and its proper use
- basic weather knowledge and navigation principles in winter conditions
- Waterproof jacket, down jacket, winter, two pairs of gloves (preferably waterproof), waterproof pants, synthetic or wool first and second layers, sleeping bag
- Winter technical boots, snow legging gaiters
- Backpack, ice crampons*, ice axe/ technical ice axes*, harness*, helmet*, thermos for tea
- Headlamp, sun glasses, sun cream, first aid kit
*Available on demand in the limit of Alpine Tours available stock.
• orele de instructaj cu ghizi și instructori acreditați
• collective equipment for the course (ropes, halp ropes, various belay devices, carabiners, ice screws, trad gear)
• e-course (pdf).
- Personal transportation of participants
- Personal medical insurance
- Accommodation at the hut
Booking a place at the winter mountaineering in the Fagaras Mountains can be done by paying in advance 50% of the full participation fee. Cancelling the reservation can be done with a maximum of 14 days before the date of the clinics, for the advance to be reimbursed.
If you need more information or wish to sign up, please contact us at email@example.com, call us at +40 746 327 791 or fill in the form below.